Anti-squat suspensions are used to reduce body squat by altering the rear suspension so that the forces resulting from accelerating pass through the control arms and suspension linkage rather than through the coil overs or struts.
In MQB, rear suspension we can define our anti-squat by an inclination of a line that connects the wheel center and chassis mounting point of the trailing arm. Most of the cars are lowered with aftermarket suspension components. In the picture below the car is lowered and OEM wishbone (and our +0 setup) in MQB car has an anti-squat line pointing down (red line), which means that the car has a negative anti-squat value. It causes excessive suspension displacement under acceleration and reduces responsiveness.
To correct this we have come up with an adjustable rear trailing arm. When the wishbone in the car is used in +20 setup anti-squat value (green line) is corrected and it is back to factory settings.
If the car wishbone is used in +40 setup anti-squat value (blue line). It makes suspension move even less, thus resulting in a faster response of the car from a standstill or when exiting the corner. Also when there is less suspension movement camber and toe are less affected (better predictability of the car).
With the increase of anti-squat, You also get higher values of rear anti-lift. It keeps Your rear suspension low under braking, which increases grip and car predictability. This allows You to brake later and go into a corner with higher speed and confidence.
– 3 position anti-squat and anti-lift adjustability (0, +20, +40)
– OEM wishbone bends during normal operation and this increases when the car is lowered or camber/toe is increased. Our CNC billet wishbone has spherical bearings to avoid that and it is also big increase of stiffness results in better handling in corner exit and under acceleration.
– High-quality, metal spherical bearings instead of rubber bushings, so You will not lose the geometry set when doing the alignment.
– Same weight as OEM regarding additional functionality
– This is a bolt-in kit, no modifications are necessary to the car.
– Wishbone comes pre-assembled.
– CNC machined arm out of billet aluminum.
– TIG-welded high-strength steel mountings.
– parking brake line brackets
– Includes all necessary parts to mount on the car.
What is included:
– two aluminum wishbones anodized in black with spherical bearings
– two steel adjustment chassis mounting brackets in black
– two steel adjustment trailing arm steel bearing carrier in black
– printed install instructions
Used in cars (type numbers in brackets):
2012 – 2020 Audi A3/S3/RS3 (8V)
2012 – Audi TT/TTS/TTRS (8S)
- 2012 – 2020 Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R (Mk7 + Mk8)
- 2012 – 2020 Seat Leon (5F)
– 5Q0 505 223 D / 5Q0505223D
– 5Q0 505 224 D / 5Q0505224D
Note: Sold for off-road, track, and racing applications only. Installation of this rear trailing arm kit will introduce some additional NVH (noise, vibration, and harshness) transfer into the cabin.